I began training in earnest Christmas Day 1981 (10 years old), and was %100 committed to the lifelong pursuit of human performance from that moment forward! Every action and decision (good and bad) in my life has been made with that predication first.
Over the last 30 years, I have competed on the national level as a Bodybuilder and Strongman and on the national and international level as a powerlifter.
I completed a Bachelors degree in Biology with a minor in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Arizona in 1994 and have spent 1000’s of hours involved in sports lab studies and research projects relating to human performance and athletic sciences!
On a coaching / consulting level I have assisted 100’s of athletes from the recreational to Olympic medalists. TeamEvilGSP has helped to produce more than a few IFBB Pro Bodybuilders and world-class powerlifters.
Combining personal experience, Textbook science, and practical observation into a usable, understandable and repeatable form is and always will be my goal!
In this interview we covered:
- Series of events that occur during training.
- What is the stress reflex?
- Understanding the fundamental systems.
- How can we use those systems in our favour.
- Negative effects are not always
- What is hypertrophy? Is this a correct term?
- Is it all about nutrition? Or training?
- What is heavy and how we grow!